Receiving Quality Care at Mission Viejo Treatment Programs
It takes a very long time until someone with a problem with substance abuse finally comes around to the idea of asking for help. A series of “bottoms” may have come and gone, each bottom landing that much lower than the last, until at last the moment arrives when the individual has had enough. Enough misery, enough financial devastation, enough loss, enough self-disgust. They have finally run out of excuses to avoid sobriety and are ready to face the reality of their addiction and get help.
When seeking Mission Viejo treatment programs, finding the right treatment “fit” is vital. For the majority of those battling a substance use disorder, an inpatient addiction treatment program is the preferred treatment method. Inpatient care ensures that the individual is in a safe, supportive environment that is controlled and free of drugs and alcohol. After successfully completed the residential program, an excellent step down is a combination of outpatient treatment with sober housing.
In fact, the outpatient/sober living combo can also be a successful recipe for someone in the early phases of drug or alcohol abuse from the outset, bypassing inpatient treatment altogether. Outpatient treatment allows enough flexibility for the person seeking recovery to continue to work, accommodating work schedules by offering afternoon or evening counseling sessions and classes. By adding sober living to the mix, a drug and alcohol free living space helps support efforts to remain sober while solidifying the new substance-free lifestyle.
The Importance of Outpatient Treatment and Sober Living
One of the benefits of selecting an outpatient program is the freedom it allows you. Unfortunately, that freedom can also be a hindrance to recovery because of the exposure to triggers and temptations to use. Outpatient treatment can be a very effective rehab option on its own, however the individual in early recovery must take the necessary steps to safeguard their sobriety and engage friends and family members to help them avoid pitfalls.
When outpatient and sober living combined create a whole layer of reinforcement is added. Mission Viejo treatment programs that include sober living resources offer this additional support. Sober living provides a social support system to recovery by bonding with housemates who are also committed to remaining clean and sober. Sober living also provides structure and accountability to the house rules and responsibilities. All of this works in tandem with the 12-step program and the outpatient counseling, helping to shore up newfound sobriety.
Outpatient Mission Viejo Treatment Programs
Outpatient addiction programs and services do vary. However, in general an outpatient treatment program will provide the following fundamental services:
- Options for different levels of care. Outpatient programs are usually structured to provide different levels of treatment to target the individual’s specific needs. Someone who has completed an inpatient program may need only minimal participation at the treatment center—maybe two days a week for 3-5 hours each time—for group counseling or classes. For someone just beginning their recovery journey following detox, a partial hospitalization program may be the best treatment option, involving about 25 hours per week for treatment in a hospital setting. Intensive outpatient programs are another option, where certain treatment goals are set with a high level of participation at the outset, but hours are reduced as the client meets the goals.
- Therapy sessions. A licensed clinical psychologist to head therapy sessions is the minimal expectation, but an outpatient program may have a psychiatrist on the clinical team, as well as various clinical treatment providers for the individual and group therapy sessions.
- Participation in recovery group. Outpatient programs usually require the clients to regularly attend 12-step meetings as part of the program elements. Participation in a 12-step group offers continuing social support and accountability.
- Continuing addiction education. Most people who end up addicted to a substance have no idea how they ended up that way. Outpatient programs offer ongoing classes or guest speakers who help teach those new in recovery about the effects of drugs and alcohol on brain chemistry and neuropathways, giving them a broad understanding of how addiction takes root.
- Relapse prevention. A solid blueprint for how to avoid relapse is intrinsic to successful recovery. Relapse is an ever-present threat to sobriety, so triggers must be identified, as well as relapse prevention tools and strategies put in place.
Phoenix Rising Behavioral Mission Viejo Treatment Programs
Phoenix Rising Behavioral Health Care offers leading outpatient Mission Viejo treatment programs, as well as sober living housing. By focusing on identifying the source of loss or abnormal detachment formed in the past that resulted in a substance use disorder, the compassionate therapists at Phoenix Rising can gently guide the individual toward a new understanding about how this pseudo attachment led to addiction. Using cognitive behavioral therapy, the clinical team can teach clients how to change their disordered thoughts and behaviors to new, positive ones, paving the way for a full recovery. For more information, contact Phoenix Rising Behavioral today at (877) 299-5694.